Thursday, January 29, 2015

In Israel At Last

Wow. I’m finally in Israel. Even though this is my fourth time, it’s so different, and infinitely more special. When my siblings went on EIE in 2007 and 2009, I was too young to comprehend what they were doing (or why they were doing it), and I didn't really know what Israel was or why it was so important. Six years later, I now know significantly more about Israel and its people, and I've come to appreciate the uniqueness and importance of this country. Through my experiences at URJ Eisner Camp and at NFTY, I've learned so much about Judaism, Israel, and myself, and this time being here just feels different. I’m not here on a temple trip or with my family, I’m here for me. I’m here to learn, to grow, and to explore the past, present, and future of Israel and the Jewish people. It’s an incredible feeling. EIE has been a big topic of discussion in my house for eight years, and now my turn has finally come. I could not be more excited and grateful for this opportunity. In these next four months, I hope to have some of the most meaningful, fun, and powerful experiences I will ever have. We’re only a few days in, but I have no doubts that I will accomplish just that. 


1 comment: